Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meet Sue



Susan Barsness ~ Executive Director
Pom pons was a part of my life for over ten years. I was a member of poms in junior high, high school, and college; serving as captain at both Fremd High School and University of Wisconsin. In college I choreographed and led practices along with my co-captain. After graduating, I helped coach Fremd High School poms and judged various pom pon try outs and competitions including the Midwest Badgertte Competitions.

The years I was involved with poms; performing at various sporting events, competing in National competitions and the camaraderie with my teammates, have left me with some of my fondest memories. I wanted my own daughter to have a similar experience with a group sport that I had growing up. I believe a big component in sports is not only working together toward a common goal as a team, but remembering the real importance of having fun while doing so. I have always valued family time. When I was growing up, summers were a time to be carefree, vacation with my family and spend time with my friends. I believe the structure and concept my partners and I have come up with will help bring some of those same elements back into our Premier Pom Pon girl’s lives.

I hope Premier Poms Experience will be something the girls remember as one of their best memories when they look back on their childhood. My desire is for the girls to realize the value of hard work, appreciate their accomplishments, enjoy the feeling of “giving back” when we do various random acts of kindness or perform outside of competing and most of all relish in the enjoyment of just having fun. Creating Premier Poms Experience together with my friends, Jen and Michele, has been an honor and a joy.

Susan lives in Barrington and is married to husband, Dean.  They have two children;
Jonathan and Sarah.