Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meet Michele...




Michele Wuertz, Executive Director
I have always been passionate about growing girls strong. As a mother to two daughters, I have strived to find positive female role models for them and others. I have demonstrated this passion with an 8 year commitment as a Girl Scout leader for both of my daughter's troops. My commitment to the community as been ongoing as a volunteer in the elementary school PTO, Character Counts Program, Good Shepherd Hospital Gala Committee and Auxiliary, and Girls Scouts. 

I consider myself to a be a nurturing person and as a result, chose a career as a Registered Professional Nurse.
Recognizing the need for competitive sports to be more balanced; Susan, Jen and I, created the C2 Sports Model. This innovative sports team model stresses the ability to be caring while being competitive. The ultimate modeling of good sportsmanship. C2 promotes self esteem building with building team unity. This is attained by implementing a variety of techniques to demonstrate compassion for self and others while working hard to excel on the competition floor.

Michele is ecstatic to bring this sports model to Premier Poms Experience and looks forward to the long lasting effects it will have on its members. Michele lives in Barrington with her husband and two daughters.